Monday, December 13, 2004

11 DAYS TO GO ............

The Christmas tree situation has really got out of hand now! I was persuaded that we should in fact get a fake tree and after some thought I realised, I would be the only person in the country who's christmas tree would die before Christmas! So we went in search of a bigger fake tree than the three foot one I have learn't to love over the last 6 years! All I wanted on Saturday was to get my tree and decorate the house! The day started off with us rearrangeing the furniture in the lounge in anticipation of the new tree, the furniture then returned to how it was when we started!!!!! We then went out shopping and of course the natural place to get your fake tree is Woolies! The one in Uxbridge had a small selection of trees, but my Darling husband suggested heading home and going to West Ealing as we needed other things anyway. Upon our arrival at Woolies in West Ealing, the terrible truth slowly became apparent, NO MORE TREES!!!! At this point I wanted to go home! The house was now a tip and we still had no tree and we were going out! Knowing my Parents were going to ASDA to do some cheap skate shopping, I asked them to look out for a tree, the only ones there were well over our price range.
Yesterday was a very hectic day, however on our way home from Church we popped into ABStores, that great shop of tack, and found a very cheap tree! We decided just to get it as it was the last one. I took Pete's word for the fact that it was quite big and didn't think much of it (Numbers are not my strong point!) Last night in between Carols and Candles at North Hanwell BC and the rehersal for Carols by Candlelight HGBC we put it up! I have not laughed so much in a very long time! The tree is huge! Almost too big for the room!!! We shall see where it gors tonite and I will set about trying to decorate the monster that is taking up my living room!

No comments: