Monday, May 23, 2005

A SMILE IS A POWERFUL WEAPON

I am trying to apply to university through UCAS. Nobody told me that this would be the hardest part of trying to get into university. It's basically a whole other language. Plus it is so long since I was at school, trying to remember my education (which I have spent the last 8 years trying to forget) is very difficult. Am considering who may be able to help with this. I'm sure I know some high school teachers who would help! The UCAS web sire does hold a lot of info it's just wading through it to find what you actually want to know. You can apply on line which I am attempting to do but we shall see. My aim is to have submitted my application by the end of the week.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thinking about the UCAS form makes me feel a bit queasy. My school had a real thing about the personal statement... exciting times though! Keep us all posted on any developemnts. I have just done Strengthsfinder and it turns out I am an academic bookworm. Hhhmm. Not quite what i thought...

Larraine said...

What Matt said! What a cool change. (Oh dear, typing that brought the song with those lyrics into my head - I hope that doesn't mean I'm stuck with it all night!)
I know I'm in the wrong country, but if there's anything I can help with, just lemmie know...
Larry

Sooz said...

Thanks guys!!

Larry, I might e-mail you my personal statement (which I am currently wading through) to see what you think? Would that be ok? Do we have your e-mail address?
Sx

Larraine said...

I think you do.. I'll send you an e to the latest addy I have for you..