Friday, January 21, 2005

A STRANGE DAY!

Yesterday was a strange day, when so many parts of my life seemed to be interwoven! I was at work as usual and then I went to a funeral at Ealing Abbey where so many of my old colleagues were.
The funeral was very sad and I forgot that at Catholic funerals they have communion. There were probably 200 people there mostly in their 30's, mostly of catholic background. Everyone knew what to do and say and yet it all seemed so empty and lacking in hope.
The priest said a lot of things, I'm not sure I fully agreed with, however he also said alot that were spot on!
He did say "At the end of all suffering there is always peace", which really struck me. We are all searching for peace in this life, but surely we will only fully experience peace when our sufferings on this earth are over. (Not that life on earth is always that bad!)

Seeing my old colleagues was strange, as that was 5 years if my life!


No comments: