Saturday, July 21, 2007

THE OLD IVORIES!

Well, I finally came out! I have had excruciating tooth ache for far too long, but due to a huge phobia of the dentist, I have kept it a secret, hoping and praying (Literally!) that it would go away!
I went to the dentist on Thursday, very scary! He was very nice to me, but funnily enough there is a lot of work that needs to be done! I suppose it would if you haven't been to the dentist for 10 years!!!! I have an abcess!! OUCH!!!

So next Wednsday I am going back for root canal, the beginning of a few visits i believe, although I have been given sedation drugs to help me with my fear! So we'll see how thas goes!!!
All prayers welcome, as it is preying on my mind alot!

2 comments:

Larraine said...

You poor thing :(
I've never had a root canal, but it sounds expensive apart from any pain.

At least Pete will understand. I'd never known anyone visit the dentist as often, till I shared a house with him, way back then!

I haven't been in a few years, either. Feeling paranoid now!!!!

Andy said...

Can I suggest that you tell teh denist that you are dental-phobic. I had some awful dentist experiences as a kid and hate them now. The sight of a needle for a filling and I am close to fainting.

I had an amazing dentist recently that game me a bubblegum flavoured swab to chew...it is a local anaestetic that numbs your mouth and makes the injections feel like nothing....